Labor Day is annually held on the first Monday of September. It was originally organized to celebrate various labor associations' strengths of and contributions to the United States economy. It is largely a day of rest in modern times. Many people mark Labor Day as the end of the summer season and a last chanLabor Day is a day of rest for many people.
Labor Day is a day of rest or the last chance for many people to go on trips before the summer ends. For students, it is the last chance to organize parties before school starts again. In some neighborhoods, people organize fireworks displays, barbecues and public arts or sports events. The football season starts on or around Labor Day and many teams play their first game of the year during Labor Day weekend.
Great Labor Day Weekend Vacations :
- Lake Tahoe: For carnivals, races, and family-friendly fun
- The Jersey Shore: For beachside water parks on the pier
- Baltimore: For high-speed racing through the city streets
- Washington D.C.: For free concerts and kayaking on the Potomac
- Chicago: For free art fairs and a jazz festival
- Virginia Beach: For three days of bands on the beach—and a half-marathon
- Miami: For brunches and bike rides on the beach
- Park City: For historic parades and the Running of the Balls
- Walt Disney World - Orlando, FL
- New York City, NY: Shopping, Museums, Times Square, Broadway shows, Empire State Building
- San Antonio, TX : the River Walk, the Alamo, SeaWorld and some of the best Mexican food
- Boston, MA: Best of Seafood like clam chowder, lobste