Asia offers intriguing destinations for every type of traveller. Easier options include ultramodern, prosperous, and largely democratic countries like
- Japan , Tokyo—the world's largest city brings a huge, wealthy and fascinating metropolis with high-tech visions of the future side by side with glimpses of old Japan
- Singapore , modern, affluent city-state with a medley of Chinese, Indian, Malay and British influences
- Hong Kong , a truly world-class metropolis with a unique mixed Chinese and British heritage
- South Korea , Seoul—beautiful palaces, great food and a hopping nightlife, Seoul is a frenetic way to experience the Asia of old and new
Some countries are well-established on the budget tourist trail such as
- Thailand , Bangkok—Thailand's bustling, cosmopolitan capital with temples, nightlife and fervour
Of course, there are also many countries lying somewhere in the middle, such as the emerging powerhouses of
- China , Beijing—capital of the People's Republic of China with Tiananmen Square, the Forbidden City, and many cultural sights .
- India , Mumbai—most diverse, busy and cosmopolitan city of India, known for its nightlife and well known as the home of the entertainment industry.
which make wonderful travel destinations in themselves due to their long history, size, tradition and diversity.